The TTI Excelsior College BS in Health Care Management will prepare you to enter one of the nation’s fastest-growing job sectors. Upon completion of this program, students will have learned to
- Use theories of leadership and organizational behavior to define and implement management practices in health care settings;
- Apply principles of budgeting and finance to effectively plan and manage resources within a health care organization;
- Use knowledge of health and illness, health care systems and healthcare consumers to guide decision making and promote quality within healthcare environments;
- Implement the manager role using a legal and ethical framework;
- Incorporate multiple strategies of communication to establish collaborative relationships with members of the leadership team and other stakeholders;
- Use evidence-based practice to guide human resources, clinical and administrative decisions;
- Manage a diverse workforce in providing health care for an increasingly heterogeneous population;
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning in pursuit of excellence in managing and leading within the health care environment.
Health care management is the administration and management of health care systems, public health systems, hospitals, entire hospital networks or other medical facilities. Duties of these professionals include:
- Ensuring that individual departments run smoothly
- Overseeing the hiring of qualified employees
- Ensuring that information is disseminated efficiently throughout the organization
There are general health care managers and those who are considered specialists. Generalists oversee entire facilities, while specialists focus on the administration of specific departments like marketing, finance, policy analysis or accounting.
This degree can lead to career growth opportunities in hospitals, clinics, private medical practices, public health service agencies, and non profits.
TTI offers this program through its partnership with Excelsior College. Any credit or degrees described here are offered through our partner institution. TTI is not a college or university and does not offer credit bearing courses or degrees in New York State.