Focus on the growth and development of children (ages birth though age eight) and the educational and care practices needed to support young children and their families with a Bachelor of Science with a Concentration in Education & Religion from Genesis University*.
Upon completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Recognize the cognitive, social, emotional, linguistic and physical developmental pathways of the young child.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of collaboration with families and communities when working with young children.
- Recognize play as instrumental to children’s social, emotional, physical, language, and cognitive development.
- Identify and select developmentally appropriate curriculum in subject matter areas (e.g., mathematics, literacy) and the arts.
- Select and implement instructional strategies that are developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate given specific teaching and learning contexts.
- Distinguish between formal and informal assessments and determine the appropriate use of assessments to support teaching and learning in early childhood settings.
- Structure developmentally appropriate learning environments that ensure children’s health, safety, and overall well being.
- Understand the importance of ongoing professional development as teachers of the young child and childcare workers.
Ideal for students interested in pursuing a career with Headstart, P3 or a graduate program in education, social work or LBA.
*Genesis University is a nationally accredited college.
Earn your in 6 steps:
Call admissions and sign up with TTI. Membership to TTI gives students access to academic advisement and all student services.
Get started by speaking with an Academic Advisor to plan your 120-credit degree plan.
Start taking exams. Take as many as you want at your own speed. TTI has testing sites worldwide. For students who do not live close to a testing site, TTI has private proctors located all over the world.
Follow your degree plan and keep taking exams or courses until you complete your degree.
Need help with Genesis University? No problem! Just call your advisor.
Finished? Congratulations! Time to put on that well earned cap and gown and graduate!